- Krishna is the Hindu god of compassion, protection, and love.
- Krishna’s birthday is celebrated every year by Hindus on Krishna Janmashtami.
- He is a central character in the Mahabharata the Bhagavta Purana, the Brahma Vaivarta Purana and the Bhagavad Gita
- In some sub-traditions, like Krishnaism, Krishna is worshipped as Svayam Bhagavan(the Supreme God)
- He is worshipped in different form as Vrindavan, Junagadh, Jagannatha, Mayapur, Vithoba,Shrinathji, Udupi Krishna, Parthasarathy, Aranmula, Guruvayoorappan, Kanhaji, Krishna and so on.
- His other names as Kanhaji, Vivaan, Vihaan, Hare Rama Hare Krishna.
- In Japan they called as Bichuten, Mishichiju, Ungayo.
Paintings of Kanhaji | Krishna | Gopala Krishna | Govind | Hari | Bichuten: