Ganesha | Vinayaka | Vigneshwara | Gajanana:
- Ganesha | Ganesh also known as Ganapati, Vinayaka, and Pillaiyar, is one of the best-known and most worshiped deities in the Hindu Pantheon.He is the son of Parvati and Shiva of the Shaivism tradition.
- As the god of beginnings, he is honoured at the start of rites and ceremonies.Ganesha is also invoked as a patron of letters and learning during writing sessions.
- The earliest Ganesha images are without a vahana(mouse/vehicle)On the eight incarnations of Ganesha described in Mudgala Purana, Ganesha usesa mouse in five of them.
- In Mohotkata incarnation, Lion as Vakratunda.Mayuresvara incarnation, Peacock as Vikata. Dhumraketu incarnation uses Horse. Gajanana uses Mouse, listed in Ganesha Purana.
- In Japan Ganesha used to called as Kangiten or Vinayakaten.
Paintings of Ganesha| Vinayaka | Ganpathy | Lambodara: